- Does your content distract and overtax your readers?
- Are your messages too long and complex?
- Can your visitors find the information they need quickly?
- How do you engage users who are “clicking instead of concentrating”?
Now the Fix?:
- Less is often more on the Web. Eliminate distracting site features such as animated pictures and scrolling text.
- Make your posts easy to scan with subheadings and bullets.
- Use site navigation to break your information into shorter pages.
- Make hyperlinks more descriptive.
- Don’t tell readers to “Read more”; tell them what they will read if they click on it.
- Write website content in a conversational, less formal tone.
- Get to the point in the first words.
- Don’t expect readers to read a long introductory paragraph.
- Use adjectives, hyperbole, corporate-speak, and jargon sparingly.
- Consider using video to communicate more complex information.
(For Beauty, Fashion & Style, Travel Bloggers & More!)
Article Credits Go Respectably to Entrepreneur Media, Inc.